Experience Kits: Be a Tourist in Your Own City!
Museum passes with free admission for 4!
In partnership with the History Center Affiliates Program, we are offering FREE ADMISSION for up to four people to a number of museums and historical sites around Pittsburgh! The kits circulate for one week at a time and can be reserved in advance.
Our 2022 Experience Kit season includes admission to:
- Heinz History Center (includes admission to Fort Pitt Museum and Meadowcroft Rockshelter) (Pittsburgh, PA)
- Devoted to the history and heritage of Western Pennsylvania, the History Center is Pennsylvania’s largest history museum and a proud affiliate of the Smithsonian Institution.
- Merrick Art Gallery* (New Brighton, PA)
- The Merrick is home to a stunning collection of French, German, English, and American paintings from the 18th and 19th Century.
- Somerset Historical Center (Somerset, PA)
- The Somerset Historical Center educates the public about rural life in southwestern Pennsylvania from prehistory to the present.
*Pass can be used in lieu of suggested donation (although donations always welcome!)
Using your library’s Experience Kit program, visit THREE different museum sites before October 31, 2022, and be entered to win a prize! Visit this site for more information and to complete the raffle form.
Virtual experience kits
Plus: Before you go, explore the museum’s “virtual experience kit!” Discover what you might see during your visit, learn more about the history of the site, and find other fun things to do in the area while you’re there. Images and text in this virtual kit are “clickable,” and will direct you to external sites.