Read. Connect with the library. Challenge yourself.
This summer, we are reading for a cause! Every virtual badge earned from 6/15 – 8/31 has a virtual ticket that can be given to one of our three selected organizations that support our community. In September, Cooper-Siegel & Sharpsburg will donate money to the Pittsburgh Community Food Bank, Steel Smiling, and Humane Animal Rescue, all organizations who’ve been affected by the Covid-19 crisis. The amount donated to each organization will be based on the raffle tickets each receives!
We have also created a Community Reading Goal of 10,000 books! So read, read, read and log, log, log this summer! Help us meet our goal and support local organizations at the same time!
For our Adult Summer Reading Club, in addition to reading and logging books and activities, we’re creating weekly summer newsletters packed with ideas on how to make the most of your summer. When you register for the 2020 Summer Reading Club, you’ll receive a Summer Sampler starting 6/18- 8/27. Scroll down for current and past samplers.
How it Works
- Because many of the county libraries have gotten together on Summer Reading, your first stop, will be Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh’s Summer Reading page (don’t worry, you’re in the right spot!)
- You’ll then sign-in (if you have done SRC with us on Beanstack before) or sign-up for the first time!
- Be sure and scroll down to choose Cooper-Siegel Community Library or Sharpsburg Library as your program.
- If you can’t remember your password or username, click the password or username reset link, scroll down until you get to the Cooper-Siegel Community Library & Sharpsburg Community Library Summer Reading 2020 program and choose that.
- Once you’re in, you can start logging your reading and activities.
- We’re asking everyone (of all ages!) to read 5 books this summer. Easy peasy!
- Once you read a book or complete a series of activities, you’ll get a badge/ticket that you can choose to donate to one of 3 organizations in need.
- There is a Beanstack app for your mobile device. Click here for a how-to video
Virtual Summer Fun
Cooper-Siegel and Sharpsburg have a LOT going on this summer. Here’s our summer calendar– please register for all programs online! And here’s some summer fun from other libraries around the county!
- Summer Sampler 1: June 18th Summer-Sampler-Week-1
- Summer Sampler 2: June 25th Summer Sampler week 2
- Summer Sampler 3: July 2nd Summer Sampler Week 3
- Summer Sampler 4: July 9th Summer Sampler Week 4
- Summer Sampler 5: July 16th Summer Sampler Week 5
- Summer Sampler 6: July 23rd Summer Sampler week 6
- Summer Sampler 7: July 30th Summer Sampler week 7
- Summer Sampler 8: August 6th Summer Sampler Week 8
- Summer Sampler 9: August 13th Summer Sampler Week 9
- Summer Sampler 10: August 20th (coming soon!)
- Summer Sampler 11: August 27th (coming soon!)