- This event has passed.
Winter Watercolor Class with Melissa Tai
March 14 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
|Recurring Event (See all)
An event every week that begins at 1:00 pm on Thursday, repeating until March 21, 2019
Enjoy the beauty, quirks and happy surprises watercolor can bring in this 5-week course! A new lesson and demonstration is presented each week. In addition to watercolor techniques we will cover: composition; color theory; and linear, color, atmospheric, and planer perspective. Students will work at their own pace with guidance when needed. Intermediate participants are welcome to work on their own, with individualized feedback and instruction.
If you already own supplies that you are happy with, you do not have to purchase anything new.
- Paints (professional tube watercolors; you are welcome of substitute a red, blue or yellow that you already own. You can also bring more colors, but you will learn about color mixing)
- Alizarin Crimson
- Cobalt Blue
- Aureolin Yellow
- 1” Flat
- #14 round with bristles that come to a point
- 140# cold press watercolor paper, Strathmore 400 Series (pad with the brown cover) 9” X 12” or 11” X 15”
- You can choose any palette with large missing areas. I like to use the white lids from food contains (cottage cheese, sour cream, etc). I will have lids to share at the first class, and then you can decide if you want to buy a palette.
- 2 plastic cups/containers for rinsing
- roll of paper towels
- spray bottle for water (nice but not necessary)
- masking tape