Pittsburgh Opioid Response Advocacy Forum – Sharpsburg
July 27 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
As the current overdose crisis continues to ravage our communities it is critical that we unite our voices – those of us who are students, who are in public health or helping professions, or who are personally affected by the opioid epidemic. Together we can use our voices, skills, & education to influence policy and save lives!This advocacy training will provide attendees with actionable steps to advocate for policy change and the skills to be part of helping to enact progressive change in the Keystone State.
- Gain knowledge on the basics of harm reduction and what is meant by the spectrum of recovery
- Discover how a bill is made and what that means for policy advocacy
- Demystify the process of interacting with elected officials.
- Find out about the different ways to initiate a conversation and increase confidence in those exchanges
- Learn how to craft your story and gain the necessary talking points for a successful visit with your elected officials
This event is a collaboration between University of Pittsburgh Graduate School of Public Health and the Pennsylvania Harm Reduction Coalition with funding provided by the Pittsburgh Foundation.
A complimentary lunch will be provided for participants.
Be sure to register on the Eventbrite page.
- Sharpsburg Community Library
- 1212 Main Street
- Sara Mariacher
July 22 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
July 22 @ 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm|Recurring Event (See all)
An event every day that begins at 3:00pm, repeating until July 25, 2019