College Application Boot-Camp For Rising Seniors: Class of 2020
August 12 @ 12:30 pm - August 16 @ 3:30 pm
Registration Fee: $545
Early Bird Special – $495 if registered through May 15th
Our college application summer boot-camp is designed to help students get a strong start on their college applications under the guidance of an expert admissions counselor.
During the week, students will:
- Gain an understanding of the college admissions process and learn how applications are evaluated.
- Develop an application strategy and appropriate timeline; organize college applications, teacher recommendations, and essays, and all the other necessary requirements for applications.
- Complete the online Common or Coalition Application. Students will be guided, step-by-step, through each and every section and learn exactly what information to include and exclude to ensure the strongest possible application.
- Brainstorm and develop ideas for their college essay. Personal feedback will be provided for completed essay drafts.
- Construct a meaningful activities resume that highlights involvements and experiences.
- Learn how to best communicate with admissions officers and prepare for admissions Interviews.
Participants should bring a laptop computer or tablet with them for this hands-on course!
Eva Gelman is an Independent Educational Consultant with over twenty years of experience in the college admissions profession. She began her admission career in 1991 at Daemen College after receiving her undergraduate degree in Psychology and Communication Studies at the University at Buffalo. After completing her Master’s Degree in Higher Education in 1996, Eva moved to Pittsburgh, PA to work at Carnegie Mellon University. After several years in her roles as Associate Director of Admission and Financial Aid and the Director of Pre-College Programs, Eva joined the dotcom world at FreeMarkets, Inc. where she managed their college recruitment and internship programs. Returning to education in 2001, Eva served as the Director of College Guidance at Sewickely Academy in Pittsburgh, PA.
Passionate about helping young people, Eva founded College Quest in 2005 to guide students and families through the transition from high school to higher education -helping them find the right fit, academically, personally, and socially. She has also shared her expertise in College Counseling at The Ellis School, Pittsburgh Public Schools, Hillel Academy, and Urban Pathways Charter School