Try Out Skillshare!
Cooper-Siegel Community Library offers an innovative service with an online learning platform called Skillshare. Skillshare offers over 21,000 classes like:
- Accounting Fundamentals: Understanding Financial Statements
- Paint Quirky Objects: a 7 Day Watercolor Challenge
- Micro-Budget Filmmaking: Screenwriting
- The Art of Screen Printing
- Host and Art Party: Prompts and Themes for Drawing with Friends
- Brine Time: Pickle Like a Pro
- Bouncing Back from Setbacks: Building Resiliance
Check out Skillshare’s website or take a minute to watch a short video about this cool service if you’d like to become more familiar with it or read Skillshare’s blog that’s updated very frequently where they highlight great and new classes. You can even take a peak at their Instagram account which is cool too!
While a small portion of Skillshare’s classes and workshops are free, the library has purchased a team plan and has 10 memberships available for the public to ‘check-out’ for 30-days. Here’s what you need to know:
- Currently, the Skillshare 30-day memberships are only available for Cooper-Siegel or Sharpsburg library card holders.
- Most of Skillshare’s classes are short (like under 2 hours!) and you can take them on your own time and they’re taught by the artists and practitioners themselves, not teachers. So you’re getting the real-life people doing the real-life stuff!
- Fill out the form below when you’re ready to check-out your 30-day membership. We’ll get back to you within 2 business days with what you need to know to get started. Your membership will begin as soon as we send you your confirmation email and ends 30 days after that.
- After your 30-day membership expires, the account you create with Skillshare will remain active and your access reverts back to their free portion of classes.
- You can always check-out a 30-day membership again, as many times as you’d like. But there are no true renewals, like there are with books.
- If all 10 of our memberships are currently checked-out, you’ll be placed on a waiting list and notified when a membership becomes available.